Effective Date: May 25th 2018
What Are Cookies?
There are different types of cookies used for different purposes, such as functionality, analytics, customer preference, or for marketing purposes. Here is the breakdown of each:
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as keeping items in your basket when shopping online. These cookies expire when the browser is closed.
- Analytics cookies: we partner with third parties, such as Google Analytics, to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites over time for non-advertising purposes such as improving the site functionality and website experience. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and processes data and the choices Google may offer to control these activities, you may visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Preference cookies: we use these cookies to help us remember your preferences, such as language or location, to enhance your shipping experience.
- Advertising or targeting cookies: We partner with third parties that may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this and sites other websites in order to provide you with relevant advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. This type of advertising is sometimes called interest-based advertising. No personally-identifiable information is collected or used in this process.
How Do I Opt Out Of Cookies?
- If you wish to not have cookies that are used for interest-based advertising, you may opt-out by clicking here for partners that participate in the TRUSTe opt-out tool (or if located in the European Union click here). If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative, please click here. If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), you can do so here. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- “Do Not Track” Technology: Some newer web browsers have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Lastly, to manage the cookies that are placed on your computer, you may configure your internet browser to refuse, accept or delete cookies from our sites at any time. Some of the cookies we use may be more persistent in nature. These persistent cookies may not be deleted when other cookies are deleted. Please check your browser and browser settings to determine where these types of cookies are stored and whether and how they may be deleted. The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most cookies altogether. Please note that if cookies are disabled or removed, not all features of our sites will operate as intended.
Why does this matter?
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “Opt Out” section above can provide you with more information.
Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/. As mentioned before, it’s important to note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.